Feature: Best of 2011 - The Contenders

January's nearly over, and I still haven't produced the annual Filmverdict Top 10 Films of the year.

Never fear! I have a good reason for this: I simply haven't seen as many of the best reviewed films to come out in the UK in 2011 as I like. I am, however, slowly catching up, now that several of them are being released for home viewing.

Well, that's not the only reason. I also haven't settled on the order yet. I find, when looking back, certain films I perhaps didn't love initially have grown on me, and others have gone down in my estimations, so the rankings may not reflect the star ratings I gave at the time, if I reviewed them.

Anyway, with the Oscar nominations having just been announced, I thought I'd offer a list of 'nominations' currently vying for a place in my own personal Top 10 Films of 2011. These are ordered alphabetically so that the order does not indicate preference.

  • 127 Hours
  • 13 Assassins
  • The Adjustment Bureau
  • The Adventures of Tintin: The Secret of the Unicorn
  • Animal Kingdom
  • Arrietty
  • Black Swan
  • Captain America: The First Avenger
  • The Fighter
  • The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo
  • Green Lantern
  • Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2
  • Morning Glory
  • The Next Three Days
  • Paul
  • Rise of the Planet of the Apes
  • Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows
  • Source Code
  • Super 8
  • True Grit
  • TT3D: Closer to the Edge
  • The Way Back
I may have forgotten a few films from this list, and I expect more to be added as I watch them.

The countdown commences...

No comments:

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Customised by FilmVerdict